Diabetic Foot Screening
AH Parfitt Chiropodry now offers a comprehensive 30 minute examination. This is for anyone concerned they are suffering from Diabetes, and experiencing foot problems.
The procedure involves:
- Checking circulation of legs and feet
- 10g Monofilament test to provide measurable and comparable information regarding sensation in the feet
- A Dopla (Ultrasound device) too check circulation
A written report of our findings is provided free of charge.
How can diabetes affect my feet?
If you have diabetes you have an increased risk of developing narrowing of the blood vessels (arteries), known as peripheral arterial disease. The arteries in the legs are quite commonly affected. This can cause a reduced blood supply (poor circulation) to the feet. Skin with a poor blood supply does not heal as well as normal and is more likely to be damaged.
Symptons of nerve related foot and leg problems:
- Tingling or pins and needles
- Sweating Less
- Losing sense of the position of your fee and legs
- Changes in the shape of your feet
- Hard skin
For further information
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or to book an appointment call: 01202 528 942